Wednesday 22 May 2013

STATEMENT BY JOE HOVIS

When I formed Braxton Hicks, I made the conscious decision not to be a political band. Now that doesn't mean ignoring it completely, but i wanted to focus the band on having a laugh and enjoying a few beers. Plus I don't know enough about politics for us to be political and there are 100's of bands already doing it (not knocking them, in fact some of my favorites are bands of this ilk!) but having watched this documentary on Monday night I felt I couldn't just sit back and not say anything.

I have tried to watch documentaries about the Hillsborough disaster before, but have found them too upsetting and had to turn them off but i made myself watch this one. I was shocked. I was only 9 months old when it happened and I had never appreciated the size and impact that day had on so many lives. My words can not do it justice the damage that had been done on that day And this is before I talk about the police and government cover up.

If corrupt policemen and government employees can cover up an incident that happened on national television, with thousands of football fans as witnesses, what can they/do they cover up in private? It's sick.

I don't care if you don't support Liverpool FC, hate Liverpool FC or can not stand football in general that is irrelevant, you must watch this.

If you didn't see the documentary please click on this link.

Once you've watched it, please sign this petition to get the Chief scumbags knighthood removed. That seems like nothing locking him up would be the answer.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Thanks
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment